Review: Dead Sea Mud Acne Removal Mask Set

January 13, 2017


What better way to welcome the new year than a "proper" blog review post.  It's been awhile since I posted a decent review, so I decided to do one at the start of the year (thinking it might actually make me do it regularly for the rest of the year)  

So, before I go into detail, I would just like to clarify that this Black Magic Mask set is not the same as the black mask that's so famous these days (yes, those one pack black masks claiming that it can remove blackheads, etc) This Black Magic Set, I got from Shopping99 and mind you, it was the boyfriend who urged me to get it, oh diba? bongga.  

Anyway, as of writing it says on the site that it's out of stock and will be restocked soon.  If you want to know more about it and consider waiting for the restock, then this post is for you.

I've had this product for some time now and I no longer have the packaging, but it's just a simple box and it contains 3 products. 
Black Magic Mask Set
I KNOW. The ad design/layout doesn't entice you that much, but don't judge just yet. HAHA!

Step 1 is the the black mask which is meant to remove your black heads.  Step 2 is a Mud Mask that is meant to relax and remove the sting sensation from the black mask and it also helps close your pores.  Step 3 is a toner like concoction to put your face in a refreshed state.


WARNING: Pictures ahead are my actual photos and MAY BE disturbing to some. But there is no use reviewing thins product if I don;t show you what it actually removed from my face -_- AND, excuse the ugly nails. :D

First, after washing my face, I applied the Black Mask all over my face using my fingertips.  I washed my face with just tap water so my pores are not that opened.  I suggest washing your face with lukewarm water to open up your pores a bit.  After application, I let it stay dry for about 15-20 minutes.  You'll know it's dry when the shiny parts becomes matte and dry (of course -_-)

Black Magic Mask Set Review - www.lexidoodledoo.com
Black Magic Mask Set Review - www.lexidoodledoo.com

The black mask has no stinging sensation (on me) whatsoever.  Also, out of all the masks I've tried, this one really dries up and sticks to your face well.  After 20 minutes or so, I removed the mask SLOWLY (it hurts!)  During this time I could hear my Great Grandmother saying "kung gusto mong lumandi, magtiis ka ng hapdi" HAHAHA! 

Black Magic Mask Set Review - www.lexidoodledoo.com

This mask does not come off easy.  I had to find a few edges that would allow me to pull a bigger portion of the dried mask, but all in all it doesn't take up that much time, so it's A-OK.  After removing the mask, small parts of the mask were still left on my face and I used a damp cotton ball to remove it.

I let my face rest for about 5-10 minutes before I applied Step 2, which is the mud mask.  While waiting, I examined the black mask I pulled out from my face and lo and behold, it did get almost all of my blackheads/facial hair/and I don't what else that might be living in my face :/ I cannot believe my face has been this dirty :(

Black Magic Mask Set Review - www.lexidoodledoo.com
From my cheeks
Black Magic Mask Set Review - www.lexidoodledoo.com
From my nose


 Disturbing, I told you.

After examining and being amazed at how the Black Mask cleaned my face, I applied Step 2, the mud mask.  This mask has a cooling effect on the face.  Upon application, my (large) pores became more obvious, but slowly went back to it's normal state as the mud mask dried.  Waited for the mask to dry up for 20 minutes.  After, I just washed my face with tap water.


After the 2 steps, my face actually felt and looked lighter.  It is not that obvious in the photos, but it is when I touched the parts where it's usually a bit rough on my face.  The last step is to apply the refreshing toner.  I'm not sure what it does, but for me, it just made my face a little cooler and totally removed the stinging sensation left by the black mask.

And, here's.... NO PHOTO OF ME. I mistakenly deleted the after photo :( I am so sorry.  I hope the removed black mask photos are enough to tell you that they actually work. Hehe!

Will I recommend it others, YES! BUT, be sure to do some research first before you try it.  Our skin is not all the same after all.  Also, if you are to try it, remember to do a patch test first to make sure you're skin is fine with it.

Thinking of using it? Let me know how it turns out in the comments below!

Note: Shopping99 or the Black Magic Mask did not pay me for this post. 

Post a Comment

Your comment is very much appreciated! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can also check it out and share the love!

© Tick... Tock... It's Locked | Alex Carpio. Design by FCD.